- Why do you need to negotiate?
- What types of negotiations exist?
- What are the characteristics of a confident negotiator?
- How to handle conflicts in negotiations
- What steps do you need to go through when negotiating?
- What is the difference between negotiation and persuasion?
- What outcome should you aim for?
- How to perform Outcome Analysis
- What is the best negotiation strategy?
- Should you bargain over positions explicitly?
- What is principled negotiation?
- What strategies can you use to take the upper hand in negotiations?
- What can you do to move the negotiation forward when you think it is getting stuck?
How to Negotiate
- What is the 8-Step negotiation preparation guide?
- How to discuss negotiation variables
- How to set your selling or buying limits systematically
- How to manage your Settlement Range
- How to manage concessions when you give them or receive them
- How to break deadlocks
- How to settle a negotiation to get what you asked for
- How to close a negotiation
Emotions in Negotiations
- How to handle negotiations emotionally
- How to bargain effectively
- How to take advantage of human emotional reaction and use that to your benefit
- How to take advantage of body language
- How to express your disagreement while maintaining the relationship
Handling Psychological Tactics in Negotiations
- What are psychological tactics used in negotiations and how to respond to them
- How to handle an angry negotiator
- How to respond to shock tactics
- How to big up your side of the negotiation and bring down theirs
- How to handle their lack of authority to proceed
- How to respond when you are given only one choice
- How to handle a demanding negotiator
Course Duration: 1 or 1.5 days. The course contains a lot of content and many practical exercises that can easily be extended to cover more than one day.