“There are always three speeches for every one you actually gave. The one you practiced, the one you gave, and the one you wish you gave.“ – Dale Carnegie
We all want to give interesting, effective and memorable presentations. Your main objective as a presenter is to deliver a message. Your presentation is your pitch. To deliver that pitch perfectly, you need to borrow from a variety of fields; psychology, art & design, IT, politics and of course your own domain which is the subject of the presentation.
This course covers all of the above areas by using a variety of interactive and practical exercises which prepare the delegates for their ultimate presentation.
This course explores the latest methodologies used in delivering presentations. In our experience, there are two types of delegates:
• Inexperienced or New. This course teaches the delegates how to gather their content, how to make their slides (if any are needed), how to deliver and how to make their message stand out from others.
• With Experience. Experienced presenters suffer from bad habits which are accumulated over time. This course helps these delegates to master new and up-to-date skills through hands on exercises so that they can better leverage their experience and present to the best of their abilities.
The course contains a pre-course assignment where delegates need to prepare a presentation. During the course, they will learn how to improve their presentation and at the end, they will deliver this presentation once more to be evaluated based on a set of performance criteria.
• What are the implications of the size of the audience? • How to approach the design of a presentation and learn which areas you need to focus on most? • What types of presentations exist and what are the differences between them? • How different types of audiences dictate different kinds of presentations?
• What techniques can you use to engage the audience such as laughter, story-telling, etc.? • What can you do to make your presentation viral so that your audience will spread your message through word of mouth? • How to make an engaging story that your audience will remember? • How to have an impact? • How to start your presentation to fully engage your audience?
• How to use a minimal slide design to get maximum effect? • How to use interactive content to engage the crowd? • What types of content you need to produce? • What questions do you need to ask yourself?
• How to use a minimal slide design to get maximum effect? • How to do storyboarding? • How to structure the slides to get maximum effect? • What to avoid when designing your slides? • Why certain popular features of common presentation software packages such as Power Point are not useful and what can you do about them? • How to avoid “Death by Power Point”? • How to place various components such as text, images and headings on your slides for maximum clarity and impact?
• How to deliver a presentation with reduced anxiety? • How to have the correct body language so you come across as a ‘great’ presenter? • How to become a communicator rather than act only as a presenter? • How not to bore the crowd? • How to handle questions?
• How to take advantage of the environment? • What not to do during presentations which may undermine you or your message?
Improve your presentation skills through our presentation books. Read tips on for example presenting a message effectively, engaging with an audience and using your voice. It is never too late to become an excellent communicator.
English Today was founded in Jakarta in 2010 as Jakarta’s first and only native English teacher agency and has since grown to be located in 7 different cities including Surabaya, Bandung, Denpasar, Makassar , Balikpapan and Medan. At English Today we have an extensive network of professional English trainers that extends throughout Jakarta and Indonesia, allowing us to offer greater flexibility in scheduling, and to offer our customers a wider choice of experienced and qualified Professional English Trainers.